19.5.06

here we go

pretty excited to hear that kevin shields will be remixing bow wow wow tracks for sofia coppola's new movie. but i have to say that i'm surprised he hasn't chosen to include "louis quatorze" in the soundtrack...i mean really...

bow wow wow - louis quatorze

my bloody valentine - soon (andrew weatherall remix)

i guess it's pretty appropriate that bow wow wow nymphette annabelle lwin is burmese, as the girl who showed me around burma while i was there a few years ago is in town tomorrow. my aunt reminded me to dress nicely when i see her so that i don't bring "shame on the family". guess i'll take her to misshapes?

####


went to the opening of brooklyn sugar at the old domino sugar factory garage last night - i think it might have been the worst night out i've had in new york in years. it was fucking terrible. one part hipsters, one part greasy crobar-ites, one part filthy hippies. just a mess. and the motherfucker was empty! i don't understand the logic of putting a mega club (complete with bouncers in black suits everywhere) off the beaten path in wburg. i felt bad because i also missed larry tee's set, but i can't really imagine it would have gone over very well...

t.a.t.u. - not gonna get us (larry tee's electro mix)

####

5 comments:

Michael said...

Wow. I freaking love that MBV remix. i had no idea it ever existed. You rocked my Friday evening with that one, and I look forward to listening to it all weekend long!

ribble said...

I was a bouncer once. I was the geekiest bouncer ever (my current blog entry is literally about perscription sunglasses).

Anonymous said...

I believe Anabelle Lwin was half Burmese. Be sure to show your fully-Burmese friend a wonderful time in NYC -- perhaps watching sunsets and eating grapefruit?

Kitty Laverne said...

Thanks for the B. Sugar report.

Anonymous said...

Woo Larry Tee, I saw him in Spain with no idea who he was but enjoyed him muchly :) Cheers

your girl got dicked by ricky powell